Family / Partner Visa

People moving to Isle of Man

Partner and Family visa applications can be complicated and time consuming.

Generally we recommend legal advice for these types applications and we will be happy to refer you to our favourite local immigration lawyers for assistance.

The paths for Partner and Family visa applications include:-

Spouse or Civil Partner

Both you and your partner should be at least 18 years old, with your partner having British citizenship or settled status. You must intend to live together on the Isle of Man. Prove your relationship status, knowledge of English, and financial stability. The initial duration of stay is 2.5 years.

Family Member

To apply as a family member, your sponsor must be 18 or over and a British citizen or have settled status. You must meet the requirements outlined in the Isle of Man Immigration Rules.

Dependant Child

If you are a dependent of someone with entry clearance under specific categories, you need to meet the requirements mentioned in the Isle of Man Immigration Rules. Your stay will match your sponsor’s grant of leave.

Fiancée Visa

If you’re applying as a fiancée, or proposed Civil Partner show that you plan to marry or enter into a civil partnership within 6 months of arriving in the Isle of Man. During your engagement, working is not allowed. The initial duration of stay is six months.

For an immediate consultation please contact Martin Katz


Related articles